- (1) Frame (smaller than 12" x 12")
- 12" x 12" Black textured cardstock
- Staple gun
- Scrap paper
- Glue gun
- Lots and lots (and I do mean lots) of whitish buttons. They don't need to be the same size or shade of white--different sizes and shades will give your heart greater complexity.
1. Find a frame. Take out the current contents (including the glass).
1(a). Make a new insert out of black textured cardstock.
3. Use scratch paper to cut out a heart. Trace the heart onto the black cardstock.
4, 5 and 6. Using the pencil line as a guide, start gluing buttons in place. First fill in the outline, then the center.
7. Finish the first layer. If you have enough buttons, glue in a second layer to cover the spaces between the buttons.
8 and 9. It'll end up looking something like this - but yours will turn out even better!